King's Health Partners Cardiovascular aims to build upon our individual strengths to bring together our clinicians and academics across clinical practice, research and education to combine their expertise and create a world-class Cardiovascular Institute and Network that will achieve better outcomes for our patients and service users.
King's Health Partners Cardiovascular is supporting delivery of this vision through closer integration of cardiovascular services across Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, and King’s College London.
Learn more about King's Health Partners Cardiovascular.
One clinical team
Within King's Health Partners Cardiovascular, we are striving to deliver a more integrated cardiovascular service and, in doing so, realise benefits for patients and staff. To do this, we are moving towards working as a cohesive clinical team, providing a single cardiovascular service, across two sites (Guy's and St Thomas' and King's College Hospital). We call this One Team working. This means that in the future:
- Patients can be treated anywhere across the partnership and receive seamless care
- Staff will be able to work across both sites with ease
- There will be an aligned management structure, including operational priorities and joint decision-making
- Key pathways, policies and processes (clinical and administrative) will be aligned
One Team updates
Learn more about our progress as we move towards One Team on our progress pages.
One Team workstreams
We are working on clinical operational integration across areas such as:
- Cardiac rhythm management
- Coronary intervention
- Heart failure
- Improving referrals
- Inter hospital transfers
- Multi disciplinary team working
To see how we're working together as One Team, check out a few of our successes in the brief video below, developed for our 2019 annual conference.